Friday, December 19, 2008

Hi to all our friends and family,

I wanted to let everyone know Blane is out of surgery. It's a hard decision to come home tonite but I felt like the little ones needed me the most, Blane is resting anyway so he'll be fine.

His surgery went well, it took only 2 hours. I met with Dr. Ney after and he informed me that he took the kidney and tumor out surrounded by the "fatty capsule", whatever that meant, I was prideful (or maybe tired) and didn't question him, just nodded my head in understanding. But from what I can tell he said it all came out smoothly, they will send it to pathology, they will test the tumor and the fatty layer around it to see if he removed all the margins. He also removed a few lymph nodes although he says they looked fine and doesn't expect anything to show up. He said as long as he got the margins, and the nodes come out negative, there will be no chemo. It will be gone! I am going to enjoy this Christmas with my husband and family and we should hear about the pathology the Monday following Christmas. Please continue to pray for us. We have appreciated your prayers so much.

We are so grateful to all who came to the hospital today and tonite. Thank you so much, you have really bore our burdens and encouraged me especially. When the nurse was taking me back to recovery to see Blane for the first time, she commented "they warned me he had a big "family" here waiting." I also want to thank our neighbors for caring for Tommy & Julie, thanks Greg & Diane. Our neighbors, Larry & Peggy Houser came down after Larry's chemo to check on us. He is an amazing man, they are going through a tremendous trial themselves and both he and Peggy are always willing to help others.

I have truly seen the body of Christ in action and Blane and I were saying how humbled we are when we think about the care you all have shown. God is a true help in time of need. We have experienced this.

Blane will be in the hospital until Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. He is in room 7207, if you get a chance to visit. He wants visitors...so feel free to stop by.

Thank you for your prayers and all of your offers to help us.

Rejoice in the Lord always, and again, I say rejoice! Let your patient spirit be known to all men, the Lord is near.

Our love to all, in Christ, Chris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Schachts are lifting your whole family up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

We will keep praying. McCallum & Movchan Godbless

Anonymous said...

We are all truly blessed to have seen such work by God. Please continue to keep us up to date with his progress. You and your family are in my prayers.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

-Adrian

Anonymous said...

Much love, many prayers & tons of hugs - You can do all things thru Christ, who strengthens you. -
Sean, Michelle, James & Connor Jones